Re: Server statistics monitoring? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Heaney
Subject Re: Server statistics monitoring?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 1/29/2015 5:12 PM, Israel Brewster wrote:
I'm working on setting up a new PostgreSQL database server, and would like to be able to monitor a number of statistics on it, such as:

number of connections
number of queries
query times
etc.

All these stats are easily available, either from the pg_stat_statements view (which I have enabled) and the like, or the log file (turn on log connects/disconnects), and I figured there would be a plethora of options available for monitoring these things. However, in searching around so far all I've found are a couple of hosted solutions. Granted, they look fairly nice, but we'd much prefer to keep this in-house.  Paid solutions are fine, as long as the cost is reasonable, but we do want full-control. Before I spend my time writing my own solution, is there anything out there that can make nice graphs of various postgresql metrics? Thanks.

Take a look at PoWA:

  http://dalibo.github.io/powa/

I've downloaded but haven't installed it yet, so can't give you any feedback on its performance or usability.

--
Michael Heaney
JCVI