PG user group in the Kuala Lumpur area? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Torsten Förtsch
Subject PG user group in the Kuala Lumpur area?
Date
Re: PG user group in the Kuala Lumpur area?  (Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com>)
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I was looking for a PG user group around KL. I know there is one in
Singapore. As it happens, Chris Travers, the PG contact for Malaysia is
a friend of mine. So, I asked him. He wasn't aware of one either.
However, he very much appreciated the idea of founding one. I know there
are lots of PG users in the area.

But is there enough demand for a user group? If you are interested,
please contact me.

My idea behind this whole thing is to eventually have a regular PG
conference South East Asia. I have been to PGconf.eu several times and I
know from experience that it is a great opportunity to learn new stuff,
meet people and also have much fun. I think esp. Malaysia is a good
place for such an event. There are many people out there that could
never come to PGconf.eu or similar in the US and in many other places
because of their passport. Getting a visa to Malaysia is possible for
almost everyone. I don't know about North Korea, but there are many
Iranians around here.

About myself, I am German, currently traveling back and forth between
Germany and Malaysia.

Torsten