Re: [sysadmins] Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: [sysadmins] Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github
Date
List pgsql-odbc
> On 01/16/2015 05:35 PM, Jonah H. Harris wrote:
>> There are so many, I can't count the number of times I've had issues with
>> pgfoundry. I know this isn't an ODBC-specific topic, but is there any
>> reason we don't just move all of the pgfoundry projects to github? Some
>> projects on pgfoundry can't even be checked out due to some odd
>> filesystem
>> permission issue.
>
> Someone needs to actually do the moving. That's the problem. There
> aren't many alive projects left on pgfoundry - I believe psqlodbc is one
> of the few ones left - so there's not much point writing a wholesale
> migration kit anymore.

also pgfoundry is marcs personal project - the postgresql.org sysadmin
team is not at all involved in it nor do I know who actually has access
to the pgfoundry box on the OS-level.

From a sysadmin team perspective we definitily dont want to go anywhere
near providing a generalized hosting platform for projects (as already
mentioned there are plenty of code hosting sites available).
However for high profile subprojects (like jdbc or in this case odbc) we
can certainly make some exceptions if needed.

Stefan