Re: GSSAPI patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Henry B. Hotz
Subject Re: GSSAPI patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Jul 10, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 10:43:22AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
>>> I'd appreciate it if people can run tests with this on some other
>>> platforms
>>> (I've only tested on Ubuntu linux and Win32). Specifically, I'm
>>> certain
>>> that the autoconf stuff will need to be expanded a bit in order
>>> to work for
>>> them all.
>>
>> What sort of tests have you got in mind?
>
> The one I'm most looking for is simply being able to build with GSSAPI
> enabled. I don't foresee any problems between implementations
> (there could
> be of course, but the standard defines the protocol), but I'm sure
> headers
> and libraries could be in different places and have different names.
>
> Actually testing the authentication itself is of course a bonus :-)
> I've only tested it against Active Directory, but IIRC Henry has
> used a
> Unix based Kerberos server. But more testing is always good.
>
> //Magnus

Yes, I was using a Heimdal Kerberos server and Solaris 9 or MIT
GSSAPI client libraries.  ("Client" means Kerberos client so it's
both client and server for Postgres.)

I just DL'ed the "2007-07-10 08:16:17" snapshot and I don't see any
reference to "gss" or "GSS" in configure.in.  Should I wait for
tomorrow's snapshot tarball?