Re: GSSAPI patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: GSSAPI patch
Date
Re: GSSAPI patch  ("Henry B. Hotz" <hbhotz@oxy.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 10:43:22AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I'd appreciate it if people can run tests with this on some other platforms
> > (I've only tested on Ubuntu linux and Win32). Specifically, I'm certain
> > that the autoconf stuff will need to be expanded a bit in order to work for
> > them all.
>
> What sort of tests have you got in mind?

The one I'm most looking for is simply being able to build with GSSAPI
enabled. I don't foresee any problems between implementations (there could
be of course, but the standard defines the protocol), but I'm sure headers
and libraries could be in different places and have different names.

Actually testing the authentication itself is of course a bonus :-)
I've only tested it against Active Directory, but IIRC Henry has used a
Unix based Kerberos server. But more testing is always good.

//Magnus