postgresql 9.4 is not for 32 bit Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Scott Robertson
Subject postgresql 9.4 is not for 32 bit Windows?
Date
Re: postgresql 9.4 is not for 32 bit Windows?  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-novice
I had used PG 9.3.5 for a month then installed 9.4 instead. Haven't used it much yet but it seems to work.

Now I see this:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/ppas-platform-support

"PostgreSQL 9.4 (PG)

Generally Available: December 18, 2014

Standard Support Ends: December 18, 2017

Supported CPU Architectures and OS

Linux x86-64/32: RHEL / CentOS / OEL 7.x & 6.x, SLES 11.x, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, Debian 7.x, Amazon Linux

Windows x86-64: Windows 2012 R2,Windows 2008 R2Apple Mac: OS X 10.9-10.6"

It appears there is no support for 32 bit computer owners?

Am I correct that enterprisedb and postgres developers are the same organization?

Should I just get WAPP from Bitnami and hope for the best? If so, should I uninstall the working PG, PHP, and Apache I already have installed?

Lastly, is it possible that the documentation quoted above is accidentally missing a mention of 32-bit users? I don't even know what 32-bit and 64-bit means, it's just another stumbling block to general accessibility as far as I'm concerned. Certainly postgres developers have not decided to shut out people who don't have 32-bit machines?

Any help addressing these questions would be appreciated. I have to start with the right stuff because I want to create a web app that others can use online or offline, and these others will be less proficient than I at technical stuff, they will just want to click and type and see the magic happen.

Scott