Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/18/2014 11:03 AM, Gavin Flower wrote:

> Hey  Joshua, what does a 'Normal" person look like???  :-)

Hahhhahahah, you have to get out of your basement to see them. Usually,
they are at the latest and newest coffee hub, talking about hating
hipsters while wearing skinny jeans and a new but used looking plaid shirt.

> I think a separate list of contributors would be good.  How about some
> 'Browne points' mechanism which would give a rough measure of the value
> of the contribution.  My contribution would probably rate '1', whereas
> Tom's would be at least '100,000,000' - more realistically: my
> contribution would not rate at all, but Tom's would still be the largest
> by far!  Perhaps a log scale so Tom would not show us up so much, and
> the contributions of new people would look more significant?  Probably
> any such scheme would be too difficult to administer in practice, or
> taken far too seriously, though it might be fun.

I don't think it would be difficult to come up with a basic system that
gives weight to length of contribution as well as quantity and quality.
But I don't think your specific applies. Tom is core, that in itself is
the platinum badge of honor from an outsiders perspective.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."