Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/18/2014 07:31 AM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> +1
>>
>> It does feel good to be acknowledged for our work especially when
>> there is a policy to acknowledge this in our community.

I like this idea but who is going to code our new social network?

> Frankly, this coin is going to become so debased as to be worthless.
>
>  From a specific desire to acknowledge reviewers for their work we are
> now getting to a list that you can get on by posting to any mailing list.

Sure you can but that doesn't mean there is value in the fact that they
are listed. Just like Facebook, it is all about how many "friends" you
have or linked-in who has the "endorse" feature.

> Please, can we stick to what was the original point. This tendency we
> have to enlarge proposals way beyond their origin is why getting things
> done is often so difficult.

Good point.

JD

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."