Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
Re: Commitfest problems  (Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/18/2014 10:19 AM, Atri Sharma wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 8:44 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello
> <fabriziomello@gmail.com <mailto:fabriziomello@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net
>     <mailto:sfrost@snowman.net>> wrote:
>     >
>     >
>     > Another thought I had was to suggest we consider *everyone* to be a
>     > contributor and implement a way to tie together the mailing list
>     > archives with the commit history and perhaps the commitfest app
>     and make
>     > it searchable and indexed on some website.  eg:
>     >
>     > contributors.postgresql.org/sfrost
>     <http://contributors.postgresql.org/sfrost>
>     >   - Recent commits
>     >   - Recent commit mentions
>     >   - Recent emails to any list
>     >   - Recent commitfest app activity
>     >   - Recent wiki page updates
>     >     ...
>     >
>     > Ideally with a way for individuals to upload a photo, provide a
>     company
>     > link, etc, similar to what the existing Major Contributors have
>     today.
>     > Obviously, this is not a small task to develop and there is some
>     risk of
>     > abuse (which I expect the other folks on the infra team will
>     point out
>     > and likely tar and feather me for suggesting this at all..) but
>     it might
>     > be along the same lines as Bruce's PgLife..
>     >

> +1
>
> It does feel good to be acknowledged for our work especially when
> there is a policy to acknowledge this in our community.

Frankly, this coin is going to become so debased as to be worthless.
From a specific desire to acknowledge reviewers for their work we are
now getting to a list that you can get on by posting to any mailing list.

Please, can we stick to what was the original point. This tendency we
have to enlarge proposals way beyond their origin is why getting things
done is often so difficult.

cheers

andrew