Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
Re: Commitfest problems  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: Commitfest problems  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/15/2014 11:27 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> I feel like we used to be better at encouraging people to participate
> in the CF even if they were not experts, and to do the best they can
> based on what they did know.  That was a helpful dynamic.  Sure, the
> reviews weren't perfect, but more people helped, and reviewing some of
> the patch well and some of it in a more cursory manner is way better
> than reviewing none of it at all.

Well, it was strongly expressed to me by a number of senior contributors
on this list and at the developer meeting that inexpert reviews were not
really wanted, needed or helpful.  As such, I stopped recruiting new
reviewers (and, for that matter, doing them myself).  I don't know if
the same goes for anyone else.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.