Re: moving from contrib to bin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/12/14 11:14 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> contrib is a nice middle-ground.

I respect that view.  But if we consider contrib a place where things
can try to mature, then there must be a way to move things out of there
once they have matured.  If it turns out that moving things out of
contrib causes major problems, then we must reconsider that system and
find a different process for maturing things (e.g., a makefile flag,
just a random idea).  Therefore, I think it's worth trying this.  We can
do it piece by piece.