Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/12/2014 11:35 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

>> We (not CMD, the community) with proper incentive could fund this. It really
>> wouldn't be that hard. That said, there would have to be a clear
>> understanding of expectations, results, and authority.
>
> Uh, really?

Yeah I think so. Money can be easy to get, when clear leadership and
goals are presented.

> Last I looked at the numbers from SPI treasurer reports,
> they are not impressive enough to hire a full-time engineer, let alone a
> senior one.

1. We don't need a full-time engineer to manage a commitfest. We need a
manager or PM.

2. The original idea came from cross-company (which is part of the
community)

3. There is more non-profits in this game than just SPI

4. We could do it on a 6 month for 1 year contract

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

High Availability, Oracle Conversion, @cmdpromptinc
"If we send our children to Caesar for their education, we should             not be surprised when they come back as
Romans."