Re: moving from contrib to bin - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: moving from contrib to bin
Date
Re: moving from contrib to bin  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Re: moving from contrib to bin  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
>> Maybe it makes sense to have a distinction between client programs and
>> server programs.  Can we have src/sbin/ and move stuff that involves the
>> server side in there?  I think that'd be pg_xlogdump, pg_archivecleanup,
>> pg_upgrade, pg_test_timing, pg_test_fsync.  (If we were feeling bold we
>> could also move pg_resetxlog, pg_controldata and initdb there.)
>
> I was thinking about that.  What do others think?

Sounds good. We already separate server and client programs in the docs,
and packagers put them in different packages too. This should make
packagers' life a little bit easier in the long run.

- Heikki