Re: Commitfest problems - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Commitfest problems
Date
Re: Commitfest problems  (David G Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/11/14 1:35 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have heard repeated concerns about the commitfest process in the past
> few months.  The fact we have been in a continual commitfest since
> August also is concerning.

I realized the other day, I'm embracing the idea of a continual commitfest.

I'm still working on patches from the last commitfest.  Why not?  They
didn't expire.  Sure, it would have been nicer to get them done sooner,
but what are you gonna do?  The fact that Nov 15 < now < Dec 15 isn't
going to change the fact that I have a few hours to spare right now and
the patches are still relevant.

As far as I'm concerned, we might as well just have one commitfest per
major release.  Call it a patch list.  Make the list sortable by created
date and last-updated date, and let the system police itself.  At least
that's honest.