Re: pg_regress and --dbname option / multiple databases - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ian Barwick
Subject Re: pg_regress and --dbname option / multiple databases
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 28/11/14 00:02, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 11/27/2014 04:12 AM, Ian Barwick wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> pg_regress provides the command line option "--dbname",
>> which is described in the help output thusly:
>>
>>    --dbname=DB    use database DB (default "regression")
>>
>> It does however accept multiple comma separated names
>> and will create a database for each name provided,
>> but AFAICS only ever uses the first database in the list.
>>
>> Is there a reason for this I'm not seeing?
>
> Most of the code is shared between the main regression suite and ecpg's> regression suit. The latter uses multiple
databases,I believe.

Aha, indeed it does. Thanks for the clarification.

Regards

Ian Barwick

--  Ian Barwick                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/ PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services