Re: no test programs in contrib - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: no test programs in contrib
Date
Re: no test programs in contrib  (Kouhei Kaigai <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/24/2014 05:49 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> test_parser (a toy text search parser, added in 2007)
> dummy_seclabel (for SECURITY LABEL regression testing, added Sept 2010)
> worker_spi (for bgworkers, added Dec 2012)
> test_shm_mq (test program for shared memory queues, added Jan 2014)
> test_decoding (test program for logical decoding, added March 2014)

So test_decoding is fairly useful for users demonstrating that decoding
works, especially if they're also testing an external decoding module
and are unsure of where their replication problem is located, or what's
wrong with their HBA settings.  For that reason it's important that
test_decoding be available via OS packages, which would give me some
reluctance to move it out of /contrib.

dummy_seclabel might serve the same purpose for users who are having
issues with SEPostgres etc.  I don't know enough about it ...
Stephen/Kaigai?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.