Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: Add shutdown_at_recovery_target option to recovery.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 18/11/14 12:57, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 31 October 2014 15:18, Petr Jelinek <petr@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
>> Attached is the v2 of the patch with the review comments addressed (see
>> below).
>> Done, there is now action_at_recovery_target which can be set to either
>> pause, continue or shutdown, defaulting to pause (which is same as old
>> behavior of pause_at_recovery_target defaulting to true).
>
> One comment only: I think the actions should be called: pause, promote
> and shutdown, since "continue" leads immediately to promotion of the
> server.
>
> I'm good with this patch otherwise. Barring objections I will commit tomorrow.

OK, promote works for me as well, I attached patch that changes continue
to promote so you don't have to find and replace everything yourself.
The changed doc wording probably needs to be checked.

Attachment