Re: git.postgresql.org not finding a commit - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: git.postgresql.org not finding a commit
Date
List pgsql-www
On 11/11/14, 3:55 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Jim Nasby wrote:
>> Details below, but
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=search&h=HEAD&st=commit&s=0ac5ad5134f2769ccbaefec73844f8504c4d6182
showsnothing, but that commit does exist:

>> decibel@decina:[15:12]~/pgsql/HEAD/src/backend (master=)$git log 0ac5ad5134f2769ccbaefec73844f8504c4d6182|head -n1
>> commit 0ac5ad5134f2769ccbaefec73844f8504c4d6182
>>
>> Our github mirror doesn't show that commit in it's search either :(
>
> No idea what "search" does, but it doesn't work on a commit ID.  This
> works:
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=0ac5ad5134f2769ccbaefec73844f8504c4d6182

Well, this is rather confusing, because the drop-down by the search box on [1] has a selection for "commit". You'd
thinkthat would allow you to search for a specific commit.

Turns out, the help [2] states that the "commit" context for search searches commit author and messages. So I guess
it'sas expected, albeit confusing. :(

Anyone know how hard it would be to allow a commit "search" to also look for a specific commit hash?

1: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=summary
2: http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=search_help