Testing on Power 8 systems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Georges Racinet
Subject Testing on Power 8 systems
Date
Re: Testing on Power 8 systems
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I have an opportunity to test PostgreSQL and the applications I care
about on a IBM Power 8 system tomorrow afternoon (Nov 4th, CET time).

While my primary interest lies in the applications, I was wondering if
people here would have advice or interest about useful tests or
benchmarks to perform.

Apparently, a wide range of Linux distributions (most probably in VMs)
will be available, and I have no doubt that installation will be easy.
Didn't find many ppc64 ou ppc64el binary packages online, though:
yum.postgresql.org and apt.postgresql.org seem to only provide x86*,
there's a ppc64el port of Debian…

Regards,