Re: Policy query: sponsor endorsements - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Policy query: sponsor endorsements
Date
Re: Policy query: sponsor endorsements
List pgsql-advocacy
On 08/27/2014 12:02 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I think it's better to stick to the previous way of having "users"
> endorse the feature itself. The people who developed it are credited
> in the release notes, not the press kit.

Well, we'd already told Oleg & Teodor that the release notes weren't the
appropriate place to credit *sponsors*.  And I feel that the press kit
is more appropriate than the release notes for this purpose.  Do note
that I'm talking about the extended press kit (i.e. the web page), not
the release announcement.

We do want to "reward" companies for supporting PostgreSQL development,
and have in the past noted which companies sponsored certain features.
Otherwise this source of development funding will dry up, and it's easy
enough for us to give a company a few lines on a web page.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.