Re: logfile character encoding - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Redoute
Subject Re: logfile character encoding
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 17.08.2014 17:17, schrieb Tom Lane:

> Me too, but I repeat the point that what you have to twiddle is the
> postmaster's environment; in particular you have to set LC_CTYPE
> (or maybe better LC_ALL), which cannot be set from the config file.

With "set LC_CTYPE" do you mean to create an simple environment variable?

> >SET PGDATA=C:\Daten\pgdata2\
> >SET LC_ALL=German_Germany.UTF-8
> >initdb.exe
> The database cluster will be initialized with locale "German_Germany.1252".
> The default database encoding has accordingly been set to "WIN1252".
> The default text search configuration will be set to "german".

initdb uses PGDATA, but ignores LC_ALL, otherwise it would complain
> initdb: invalid locale name "German_Germany.UTF-8"
like seen with parameter --locale==German_Germany.UTF-8

I also tried to set environment variable LC_ALL global via control panel
with different values. Restarted postgreSQL service; it doesn't care.

Thanks,
Redoute