Re: How to get PG 9.3 for a RaspberryPI (Debian Wheezy)? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas
Subject Re: How to get PG 9.3 for a RaspberryPI (Debian Wheezy)?
Date
List pgsql-general
Am 05.08.2014 um 09:36 schrieb Giuseppe Broccolo:

> Maybe the content of this blog could be usefull: http://raspberrypg.org/

Hi Guiseppe,

I found this (your) Blog with google.  :)
In the post how to install PG you just include the postgresql.org
repository and fetch the binary from there.
Probaply they dropped the binary support because there is no ARM stuff
anymore as the user Bill wrote on 27.12.2013.

Actually I used another answer in the Blog to compile PG 9.3.
I did it like Rafael described it here:
http://raspberrypg.org/2013/11/step-5-installing-postgresql-on-my-raspberry-pi/

It took about 2-3 hours to compile and all provided test ran through.
Then I installed it and I could connect to the server at first.
Only the next day when I tried to reach it from the local apache&php the
connect timed out. Thats when I discovered the error about the socket in
the log.

If you can get it going it would be utterly great if you wrote an howto
in your blog.   :)

Regards
Andreas