Re: JSONB marshalling - Mailing list psycopg

From Federico Di Gregorio
Subject Re: JSONB marshalling
Date
List psycopg
On 25/07/14 18:29, maplabs@light42.com wrote:
[Out of topic and subjective stuff removed]

> agree, disagree or indifferent, psycopg2 would be missing a major
> opportunity if the project does not
> fully embrace and present JSONB in PostgreSQL.

Have you read Daniele email? psycopg2 supports jsonb RIGHT NOW. You only
have to register the ALREADY EXISTING type caster/adapter and you're done.

What Daniele was asking is if someone has something against enabling it
as default in the next point release. Given that json type
caster/adapter is already enabled I don't see any reason to not register
jsonb one too.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it