Re: - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/22/2014 11:14 PM, Kalai R wrote:
Well the above would indicate it is not being shutdown properly.

How are you shutting it down?

PSQL server starterd as stoped by postgresql windows service. So when I shutdown the machine postgres shutting down by postgres windows service

What and how are you installing?

Using windows binary zip file, I extract zip file and create cluster using intidb then register windows service using pg_ctl

Who are you running the service as?

I try to start the psql server from command prompt using pg_ctl.exe

why not use the installer, which sets it all up correctly for you?

I think the problem is, you ran initdb as your user account, but the system service is running as the special system accounbt NETWORK_SERVICE, or similar, and there may be files in the data directory which the NETWORK_SERVICE account doesn't have write access writes to.   you can probably fix this with the cacls command.