Re: Add PgBackMan to the yum-repo - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Rafael Martinez Guerrero
Subject Re: Add PgBackMan to the yum-repo
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum

On 06/30/2014 11:46 AM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It was already in my todo list, just after I saw the announcement.
>

> I can't build the rpm using the spec file you provided (URL is
> incorrect btw, I there is no packages subdirectory AFAICS). I fixed
> some of the issues:
>
> http://svn.pgrpms.org/browser/rpm/redhat/9.4/pgbackman/F-20/pgbackman.spec
>

> However, it fails to build with:
>
> creating
> /home/devrim/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/pgbackman-1.0.0-1.f20.x86_64/etc
> creating
> /home/devrim/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/pgbackman-1.0.0-1.f20.x86_64/etc/init.d

error: can't copy '/tmp/pgbackman': doesn't exist or not a regular file
> error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.aEY8D3 (%install)
>
> This is coming from setup.py. Can you please check what is wrong?

Hello Devrim

Thank you very much for working with this.

I am in a little cottage in the mountains in the North of Norway for
some days. When I am lucky I get 1-2Kb/s up/down with 30+% packet lost
so I cannot do much from here. I will be back in Oslo this friday.

I have updated setup.py to support Fedora also. I think this is enough
to get the build to work for this distribution. I will make a better
review of this file when I am back.

I have updated the master branch on Github. If you use
https://github.com/rafaelma/%{name}/archive/master.tar.gz as Source0
you should get the commit that fix this problem.

In the future we can use a source0 value with the version file insteed
of master. I do not want to create a new release for this change. The
pgbackman code has not been changed.

regards,
- --
Rafael Martinez Guerrero