Re: SQL access to database attributes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Fearing
Subject Re: SQL access to database attributes
Date
Re: SQL access to database attributes  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/23/2014 06:21 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I found only one problem - first patch introduce a new property
>> CONNECTION_LIMIT and replace previously used "CONNECTION LIMIT" in
>> documentation. But "CONNECTION LIMIT" is still supported, but it is not
>> documented. So for some readers it can look like breaking compatibility, but
>> it is false. This should be documented better.
>
> Yeah, I think the old syntax should be documented also.

Why do we want to document syntax that should eventually be deprecated?

> See, e.g., what we do for COPY.

Exactly.  We're still carrying around baggage from 7.2!

Backward compatibility: yes.
Backward documentation: no.
--
Vik