Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: /proc/self/oom_adj is deprecated in newer Linux kernels
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/10/2014 07:02 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> writes:
>> Startup scripts are not solely in the domain of packagers. End users
>> can also be expected to develop/edit their own startup scripts.
>
>> Providing it as GUC would have given end users both the peices, but
>> with a compile-time option they have only one half of the solution;
>> except if they go compile their own binaries, which forces them into
>> being packagers.
>
> I don't find that this argument holds any water at all.  Anyone who's
> developing their own start script can be expected to manage recompiling
> Postgres.

This is certainly not true in any fashion. Production systems require a
degree of flexibility and configuration that does not require the
maintaining or compiling of source code.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579