Re: Why is it "JSQuery"? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Why is it "JSQuery"?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 06/06/2014 03:23 PM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2014, at 12:51 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
>> Well, I'd also say that we don't care about syntaxes which are not
>> already popular.  There's no point in being compatible with something
>> nobody uses.  How many of the above have any uptake?
>
> I think there is JQuery, JSONPath, and everything else, really. If we can draw some parallels, I think that would be
sufficientto make people comfortable.

Well, then those are the only ones worth considering.

[JSQuery](https://code.google.com/p/gwtquery/wiki/JsQuery)is already a thing.

>> I saw that too, but I don't get the impression that Google jsquery is
>> all that active.   No?
>
> It’s Google. You really want to wrangle with their attorneys?

Google is not going to sue us over a minor OSS project which isn't a
commercial product.

The relevant question is: are users liable to confuse our jsquery with
Google jsquery?

Maybe we should call it "jsonesque"  ;-)

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.