Re: Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Moving psqlodbc from pgfoundry to github
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/04/2014 10:16 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 4:06 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <hlinnakangas@vmware.com> wrote:
>> 1. Set up a github organization called "psqlodbc".
> If possible, I'd vote for pgodbc as organization/repo name, one reason
> being that it is more consistent with pgjdbc.

Hmm. psqlodbc has always been the name of the project, for better or
worse. I agree it's not a very good name, but that's the name we use in
the binaries, old website, git repository etc. That's just my 2c,
though; what do others think?

>> 2. Set up a github "organization page", with the website contebnts. Add a
>> CNAME to "odbc.postgresql.org". So the official URL of the project would be
>> "http://odbc.postgresql.org/", and it would be invisible to a casual user
>> that it's hosted at github.
> I imagine that this would be added as a separate repository whose name
> is psqlodbc.github.io with the URL you want to redirect to in the
> CNAME.

Right.

I'm planning to set up the github repository as a mirror of the
psqlodbc-www repository at git.postgresql.org. So
git://git.postgresql.org/git/psqlodbc-www.git would still be the
authoritative repository.

> Have you thought about a branch gh-pages instead?

You mean create the website as a "project page" instead of an
"user/organization page"? I don't think that would allow main URL to be
"odbc.postgresql.org", it would be "odbc.postgresql.org/psqlodbc".

- Heikki