Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Mentioning CPU for Windows build in docs
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 06/03/2014 06:33 AM, Inoue, Hiroshi wrote:
> (2014/06/03 3:26), Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

>>> For example, MSBuild can switch the environment (Platform,
>>> VisualStudioVersion or platformToolset) easily. In fact
>>> BuildAll.ps1(bat) builds both 32bit and 64bit drivers.
>>> Or MSBuild can detect the changes of related files (e.g.
>>> header files).
>>>
>>> IMHO nmake is needed only for vc9 or before.
>>
>> Well that makes one thing clear then: nobody cares about win32.mak
>> anymore. win64.mak can be used to build both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries,
>> and since the official binaries are built with the MSBuild method,
>> keeping the old flags & other configuration you got with win32.mak is
>> not important anymore. I'll go remove it.
>
> We have ever used win32.mak for 32-bit binaries and win64.mak for
> 64-bit binaries with vc7(.1) or vc8 for a pretty long time.
> The output directories were
>
>     Release
>     MultibyteRelease
>     AMD64
>     AMD64ANSI
> .
> Generated dlls in the directories are taken when installers are
> built. I simply kept the correspondence when I introduced the
> build system based on MSBuild. The 64-bit output directory has
> been "AMD64" because old SDKs set CPU environment variable as
> "AMD64" not "x64".
>
> Though I don't object to switch the naming of directories, the
> change should also be applied to the installer system.

Ok, renamed!

I modified the installer scripts to know that the output directories
were changed, IOW the installer scripts still work, but I didn't change
the name of the output directory of the installer build itself. So, the
.msi files are still generated as /installer/x64/psqlodbc_x64.msi and
/installer/psqlodbc.msi

- Heikki