Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Darren Duncan
Subject Re: Contest: Theme, Slogan for 9.4
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 2014-05-06, 3:00 AM, Chris Mair wrote:
>> We need a theme and a slogan for the 9.4 release in order to reach a lot
>> of developers.  That is, something which summarizes what the 9.3 release
>> is "about".
>
> Perhaps
> 9.4: the universal database system
> ?

I think that, while a good slogan/market focus should be on Postgres becoming
more inclusive to data models, calling it "universal" is over broad.

When the Postgres core sans any contrib modules or extension etc becomes
computationally complete for users, meaning users can make it simulate any other
programming language or a turing machine with nothing more than they can write
from scratch at a Postgres command prompt (meaning no C etc), then we can call
it "universal".

-- Darren Duncan