Re: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Got Associate Certification, what can i do or what i will going to receive?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 04/24/2014 05:08 AM, Oscar Calderon wrote:
> Hi, have a nice day everybody. Yesterday i took the PostgreSQL Associate
> Exam, and fortunately i got 76% in my exam (there are some topics that i
> still have to study and practice more) so i got the certification. I
> received an email with my score and a PDF diploma. That's nice, but i
> have some doubts:

Well first of all this is something offered by EnterpriseDB so you
should be in contact with them.

>   * I remember that there's some kind of website or portal where people
>     can check if i'm really have a PostgreSQL certification, is that
>     true? If that's true, i can fill some kind of profile or something
>     like that, upload a photo and so on?
>   * A couple of years ago i got the certification "Sun Certified Java
>     Programmer", and i received 3 weeks later (i took the exam in a
>     certificated place to do it here in El Salvador) a mail with a
>     physical diploma and other stuff, i will receive something physical
>     via mail or something like that?
>   * When i got SCJP also i got right to use special JAVA logos on my
>     signatures or PPTs, will i get something similar now that i got
>     Associate Certification?
>   * In general, what are the advantages or stuff that i have right now
>     that i passed the exam, apart of the fact of being able to take the
>     next certification, the knowledge and the boost for my CV?
>   * About Professional Certification, why it's mandatory to buy the
>     training?

Not sure it is:

http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/certification/postgresql-associate-certification

"Candidates to the Associate Certification exam are strongly encouraged
to complete the associated EnterpriseDB training course Introduction to
PostgreSQL Administration."

Strongly encouraged is not the same as mandatory.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com