Re: Arduino SQL Connector - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: Arduino SQL Connector
Date
Re: Arduino SQL Connector  (vincent elschot <vinny@xs4all.nl>)
List pgsql-general
On 4/17/2014 9:09 PM, Steve Spence wrote:
> You know what? Fine, it doesn't matter that much to me. I'm happy to
> continue using MySQL. It works with the Arduino quite nicely. Postgres
> doesn't work. That's Postgres loss not mine. I really thought the
> postgres team would be interested in providing support for a very
> popular microcontroller system. If not, they are missing out on a
> larger segment of users.

personal opinion:

I don't think a terminal device like a PC or an embedded system should
be talking directly to SQL at all.   instead, they should be talking to
an application server which implements the "business logic", and THAT
talks to the database.