Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view
Date
Re: gitweb is no longer a real-time view  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-www
> On 2013-03-04 09:40:38 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> FWIW, I noticed something about a "forced update" when I did a git pull
>> after Kevin's commits.  I failed to pay enough attention though.  Now
>> that I look, the xml fix is not in my local history either, and I don't
>> know what bc61878682051678ade5f59da7bfd90ab72ce13b is because none of
>> the recent commits have that hash according to my repo:

> That is/was your map_sql_value_to_xml_value() commit which is now not in
> the normal history anymore because kevin pushed a HEAD that didn't
> include it.  You should be able to see it with git show
> bc61878682051678ade5f59da7bfd90ab72ce13b

Ah, right, so it is still there but it's not in the chain leading to
HEAD.  So "forced update" really means "I moved HEAD in a non fast
forward way"?
        regards, tom lane