Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jan Wieck
Subject Re: The Amazon CloudFront distribution is configured to block access from your country.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 4/12/21 5:13 PM, felix.quintgz@yahoo.com wrote:
> Unfortunately the official site for downloading the installer is blocked for me.
> I only had that option and trust what I am downloading.

That wasn't your only option. Other members have suggested that you
contact EnterpriseDB directly.

Note that CloudFront is just a content service by Amazon Web Services.
The owner of that content, in this case EnterpriseDB, controls those
"GeoRestrictions", that you are having trouble with. See

> https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/georestrictions.html

for details.

It is possible that this restriction is on purpose and that EDB really
doesn't want people from your country to download those files. It is
also possible that this particular download got that restriction by
mistake, either on EDB's side or on the side of the third-party GeoIP
service, Amazon is using to determine the origin of your IP address. I
know a few people at EDB (I did work there in the past). Asking them
won't do any harm and if all of this is actually by mistake, they will
be glad you asked.

Regards, Jan

--
Jan Wieck