Re: configuration error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: configuration error
Date
List pgsql-general
On 19/02/2014 12:21, saravanan Chow wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm working in postgresql-9.1.1 on windows 7 ,so i want to know what is
> the pre-requiest to change the shared buffer in windows 7.
> In my test machine i've 4gb ram. I tried to increase the shared buffer 1gb
> to 2gb and restart the services, but it shown the error like " the
> postgresql-9.1 - postgresql server 9.1 service on local computer started
> and
> then stopped.some service stop automatically if they are not in use by
> other
> services or programs  ".
> thanks for reply

PostgreSQL maintains its own log, separate to the Windows event log -
it'll be in the "pg_log" directory, under the data directory. Have a
look there for further clues as to what's going wrong.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie