Re: More than one Cluster on single server (single instance) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: More than one Cluster on single server (single instance)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/18/22 03:55, Daulat wrote:
Please share your thoughts on this approach?

How can we create multiple clusters under a single postgres version?
You can use Docker images.

How can we identify/allocate the resources to parameters like shared_buffers, effective_cache_size, work_mem etc in case of multiple clusters?

Thanks

Each container can be adjusted to have its own memory and parameter file. Personally, I don't like that approach. I think that separating data into separate databases is enough separation even for the most fervent separatists (pun with the name of political movements is purely accidental).

--
Mladen Gogala
Database Consultant