Re: pg_upgrade only to 9.0 ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Iain Barnett
Subject Re: pg_upgrade only to 9.0 ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10 May 2011, at 01:16, Scott Marlowe wrote:

> On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Iain Barnett <iainspeed@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently running 8.4.4. I downloaded the source for 9.0.4 and installed it, and then installed pg_upgrade and
ranit, and got the following message:

>>> This utility can only upgrade to PostgreSQL version 9.0.
>>
>> It seems strange to me that it can only upgrade to that and not 4 patch points above, but still, so I go to the
sourcedirectory to download 9.0 and it isn't listed.

>> Could anyone tell me how I'm supposed to get this to work please? I'd be really grateful.
>
> How did you run it?  i.e. what exactly did you type in to run it?

Sorry, ignore me, I wasn't following the instructions given here properly.
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/pgupgrade.html

Feel free to give me a slap via email for skimming documents and asking stupid questions! Thanks for making the effort
though.

Regards,
Iain