Re: Data corruption issues using streaming replication on 9.0.14/9.2.5/9.3.1 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Data corruption issues using streaming replication on 9.0.14/9.2.5/9.3.1
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 11/19/2013 10:29 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
> It's pretty unlikely that any automated testing would have cought this,
> the required conditions are too unlikely for that.

Given our almost total lack of automated testing for replication, how
would you (or anyone else) possibly know that?  We certainly do know
that we won't catch these kinds of bugs *without* testing.

Heck, even MySQL AB had automated testing for replication.  They largely
ignored the results, but they had it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.