Re: between - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: between
Date
Re: between  (Mike Nolan <nolan@gw.tssi.com>)
Re: between  (Casey Allen Shobe <cshobe@softhome.net>)
List pgsql-general
Mike Nolan <nolan@gw.tssi.com> writes:
> It took me less time with the Oracle SQL Language Reference Manual, but
> I cheated by looking it up in the index.

Just FYI, there's an index entry for BETWEEN in the PG docs too:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/bookindex.html
although it seems to mistakenly be lowercase instead of uppercase
as one would expect.

In general though I agree that the indexing of the docs is pretty
weak.  Perhaps someone would care to step up and submit docs patches
to improve the situation?  Adding index entries is no sweat if you
have even a moderate acquaintance with SGML or HTML ... we just need
someone willing to go through the files and add suitable entries ...

            regards, tom lane