Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [BUGS] Crash report for some ICU-52 (debian8) COLLATE andwork_mem values
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 8/9/17 17:29, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 2:26 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> writes:
>>> It would help if CREATE COLLATION left new
>>> ICU collations with the same useful "Description" as initdb created
>>> collations will have; maybe that should be added.

I had been thinking about that, too, while I was writing it, but there
is the semantic objection:

>> I do not think it is CREATE COLLATION's job to provide a comment;
>> no other CREATE command does so.

How about a special option in the CREATE COLLATION to create the comment
automatically on demand?  Sample patch attached.