Re: Google Summer of code 2013 - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Akansha Singh
Subject Re: Google Summer of code 2013
Date
Re: Google Summer of code 2013  (David Fetter <david@fetter.org>)
List pgsql-students
Hi,
Please if someone can extend me the link to the MADLib. I would like to get my hands on it as early as possible.

Thanks

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM, viod <viod.len@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all!
>

>> Do you have any interest in data analytics? I proposed a couple of
>> ideas in that field.If you are interested, we could talk over them.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Atri
>

> I am pretty much interested in the ideas you posted on the mailing list
> (particularly in implementing the K-medoids algorithm). I've asked MADlib if
> they could mentor me, but unfortunately  their org has not been accepted in
> GSoC, and they haven't answered since then.

No issues, I can try to help you out.

> Do you think I could still do it with PostgreSQL? I would really like to do
> this project, as an initiation to classification algorithms.
>
> Still, I don't really understand how this would be used by PostgreSQL?

MADLib is the de facto library for in database analytics in PostgreSQL.

Download,install MADLib, run a few programs, and think more about the
implementation and discuss here.

Regards,

Atri

--