Re: hstore extension version screwup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: hstore extension version screwup
Date
Re: hstore extension version screwup  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 9/29/13 9:41 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 09/29/2013 10:38 PM, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On Sun, 2013-09-29 at 22:33 -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>> Well if these are not meant to be changed then not being able to write
>>> them in your git repo might be a clue to that.
>> Git doesn't support setting file permissions other than the executable
>> bit, so this is a nonstarter.
>>

> Oh, didn't know that, I've certainly know other SCM systems that do.

We could potentially do it with git commit hooks, but the problem is that there's no way to force use of those on
clients(a huge deficiency in git, imho).

The best alternative I've been able to come up with is having hooks in a standard location in the repo and then there's
onefile that people would need to put into their home directory (under ~/.git I think) that would pull all of that
stuffin.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net