Re: NC Triangle PUG - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: NC Triangle PUG
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On 09/20/2013 12:42 PM, Jonathan S. Katz wrote:
> [...]
events. Do you already have a mailing list or do you need one created?  The two avenues people are using are either
usingthe one Meetup provides or having someone on the pg_infra team set one up.  Once you have a mailing list, I can
addthe NC Triangle pug to our community list.

>>> Are there community funds available to cover the meetup.com fees?  As I recall a meetup.com organizer membership is
inthe range of $12 a month (which I think allows up to 3 groups).
>> Hmmm.  I wonder if we can set up a 2nd group out of the SFPUG account.
>> Fetter?
> I think it would be better to have PG.US support NC Triangle PUG directly, given the framework that has been put in
placeto support individual PUGs.

OK. Let's get a PG hosted mailing list going. How do we go about setting
up the meetup stuff? Just do it and then bill PG.US?

Do we provide web space to PUGs?

cheers

andrew