Re: The PostgreSQL License requires "LICENSE" file? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: The PostgreSQL License requires "LICENSE" file?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>>> I've checked the PostgreSQL License,
>>> and had a question.
>>> http://opensource.org/licenses/PostgreSQL
>
> I don't know who opensource.org are, but their idea of "the PostgreSQL
> license" doesn't appear to match the actual license text.

The OSI, which is the organization which defines whether licenses are
open source or not.  We requested that they list The PostgreSQL License
on their site after Red Hat determined that our license had sufficent
textual differences from the BSD License to be a different license.

I've requested that the spurious "file name" reference be removed.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.