Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/07/2013 10:35 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Actually, for me, motiving reviewers seems like the Lemon-Soaked Paper
> Napkins, as it requires unbounded effort and its importance is not being
> balanced with other priorities.

Ignoring the non-productive part of this thread, I would like to mention
that motivating reviewers is not necessarily complicated. We just have
to ask ourselves what motivates a person:

The feeling that their work is worthwhile, productive, will be
appreciated and that they will receive recognition for the effort.

Right now, we do not publicly outside of the dome that is -hackers
provide those incentives. Give reviewers the just recognition they
deserve and I believe we will see more reviewing effort.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579