Re: Autovacuum different in 9.2.4? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: Autovacuum different in 9.2.4?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/05/2013 12:13 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I seem to recall autovacuum changes landing for 9.2.4. Can someone please
>> describe what those changes were and how they could affect usage?
>
> Those landed in 9.2.3, see release notes for that version:
> Fix performance problems with autovacuum truncation in busy workloads
> (Jan Wieck)
> Fix error in vacuum_freeze_table_age implementation (Andres Freund)
>
> There should be no change in usage, unless you were taking some heroic
> methods to overcome the problems and can now discontinue them.

That is what is confusing me, I could be cracked but messages like these:

automatic vacuum of table "pg_catalog.pg_attribute": could not
(re)acquire exclusive lock for truncate scan

Seem to be new?

JD

--
Command Prompt, Inc. - http://www.commandprompt.com/  509-416-6579