Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/02/2013 03:18 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> You're making a big deal out of what's a minor clerical detail.  Don't
>> let minutia which any secretary could take care of get in the way of an
>> important project goal, that is, rewarding reviewers so that lack of
>> reviewers stops being a major project bottleneck.
>
> You are approaching this like it is a done deal and everyone agrees to
> it.

We already discussed it in the thread ad nauseum, and arrived at a
compromise which everyone could live with.  So from that perspective, it
*is* a done deal, at least as far as 9.4 is concerned.  At some point,
we need to make a decision and move forward, instead of rehashing the
same arguments forever.

So if you're raising an objection to the compromise which many people
already agreed to, then raise an objection and back it up.  But don't
sandbag.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.