Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- wrapping it up
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/02/2013 02:24 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Based on existing workflow, we need those reviewer names in the commit
> message.  I don't see how the CommitFestManager can help with that.

We can change the workflow.  It's ours, there's no government agency
mandating it.

Anyway, the list from the CFM would just be to make sure nobody got
missed; it's a double-check on the commit messages.

>> The CFM needs to supply the list of "reviewers at the end" anyway.
>
> Why?

Who else would do it?

>> BTW, all of this I'm talking about the 9.4 release notes, where we have
>> the opportunity to start from the first CF. There's the question of what
>> to do about the *9.3* release notes, which I'll address in a seperate email.
>
> I am worried we are talking about 9.5 as we have already committed quite
> a bit to 9.4.

You're making a big deal out of what's a minor clerical detail.  Don't
let minutia which any secretary could take care of get in the way of an
important project goal, that is, rewarding reviewers so that lack of
reviewers stops being a major project bottleneck.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.