Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])
Date
In response to Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu>)
Responses Re: Re: ALTER SYSTEM SET command to change postgresql.conf parameters (RE: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review])  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 08/01/2013 10:24 AM, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Let's please NOT call it conf.d if it's living in PGDATA and is not
>> meant to be edited by hand.  conf.d is for a directory of config files
>> created by users and external utilities, living in CONFIGDIR.
>
> How nice that that's not what's being discussed here then. conf.d *IS*
> the thing thats been proposed to be a separate feature from ALTER
> SYSTEM. For the use case you describe.

Some of the earlier emails sounded like that's exactly what was
proposed.  Glad to clarify then.

*if* we do file-per-setting, what do you think of the directory name
system_set or system_conf then?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.